Interface Kit Examples
The companion video tutorials can be found here:
- part 1 – Canvas, rectTransform, UI sprites, layout
- part 2 – Interface Elements and scripting, buttons, sliders, textfields
- part 3 – Drag and drop interaction, event trigger, UI interface, delegates
- part 4 – Easing UI with Unity Tweens, Coroutines
- part 5 – UI and world space objects, raycasts, screen space canvas
Warm up exercise
Done individually. Watch part 1 to 3 of the tutorials. You have 2 choices:
A. Make a simple clicker/idle/incremental game.
It must have at least 5 upgrades.
It must have a novel theme.
Watch this analysis and or read this 3 part series about the math of incremental games part 1 part 2 part 3
B. Make an interface vignette.
Give a glimpse of a world, develop a character, or tell a story uniquely through an interface (fictional operating system, application or website).
It must have at least 5 interactive elements.
UI Design Resources
sketch app resources – for sketch (Mac free trial 30 days)
color palette generator – for graphic design
ui templates for games – warning they tend to be casual games oriented and over detailed
Kenney free assets – not only UI
Lots of free stuff on itchio