This is me and this is my portfolio here.
Excited to make some games!
Hey everyone, my name is Roger Liu.
I like all sorts of video games! Fighters and Metroidvania like games are what one would call my niche, though my favorite parts of games are those which utilize the interactive nature of the medium for clever tricks and unique experiences. Moments like the [REDACTED] section in Metal Gear Solid 2 and the [REDACTED] boss fight in Undertale are what I’m talking about.
I lack a profolio, but I have a bunch of links to things that I’ve done at Game Jams and through GCS (Game Creation Society). Though my asset generation abilities are rather lackluster, I make up for it through ideas and code that can scale to match it (>^_^)>
http://globalgamejam.org/2016/games/soul-mates (This won a thing at last years jam :D)
I’m Sophia Zhu!
-Link to programming/art portfolio: here
Hi, I’m Katherine Tsai! (I also go by Kat online)
I mostly like more relaxed environment games like Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley, and Undertale, but I also enjoy MMO and action-oriented games that I can play with friends like League of Legends and Guild Wars 2. I would say that interesting characters, immersive environments, and the “mood” of the game are most important to me when I play.
And here are some selections of my work that are more animation/game oriented!
Assignments for Wednesday:
1. Read the two readings and post a smart comment
2. Post an intro post on the “student area”. Menu to the right > Login > top bar + New > post
I want to see:
- your name
- a recognizable picture of you
- a link to your personal website or some documentation of previous work
- The diagram of your gamer profile. Even better if you don’t identify as a “gamer”
3. Please take a minute to fill this form. This info will help me tailor the course according to your backgrounds and it will be used to create the most project-appropriate and balanced teams.
Answers won’t be published and visible by the class: