Title: Lil’ Baby Pills
Description: You as a player have to log into the game to take your birth control pill every day on time within a 5 minute period. If you fail to do so, you will have a virtual pregnancy (the game will have a baby in a messy teenage room) and you can’t restart the game – can’t make mistakes.
Art/Research statement: I want to play around with real-time references in this game. It’s to show the importance of using contraceptives, specifically birth control pills, correctly. I wanted to make a game where the player can only make the same mistake once and has to stick with the consequences. Experimental and risk elements include the short duration of each game-play, the day-long wait before the next gameplay, and the risk of the player not bothering to play at all. My parameters for success would include recurring playthroughs – to have the player come back into the game for a least a few days in a row before they see the consequences of making the mistake of missing a pill.
- Robert Yang’s Rinse and Repeat and other games that make the player return to the game in real time references
- Jason Rohrer’s Chainworld where each player can only fully experience the game once
- Born to be Alive, a game where the player can learn to give birth to a child with virtual experiences
- The paranoia I personally feel after not taking a pill on time
- Michele Pred’s The Birth of Baby X
Title: Do not get caught
Description: You are in your room watching pornography . Your mom keeps coming into the room checking if you are studying or not. Your goal is to not get caught watching pornography. Whenever your mom comes in, you need to change your screen as quickly as possible by pressing complicated keys that changes every time (for instance shift + enter + G +tab all at the same time.)
I want to play with the idea of quickness and embarrassment. Sexual activities are something that people try to hide and keep to themselves. I want the audience to feel thrill and guilt from doing something that they are not supposed to do.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I0GBInxADs -Hide the fart
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQuQr6fSXjA – Lust for bust
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZafUNx-Fazc -Keyboard Mayhem
- Jan Verhas – Hide and Seek
- ENTITATIVITY – Klaus Obermaier with Martina Menegon & Stefano D’Alessio
- Spaghetti Man